This cream of beet soup recipe makes a very light and airy soup that is delicious served either hot or cold. In the heat of the summer, you can cook it the night before to have a nice chilled soup to serve the next day. This soup is also perfect for high intensity training recovery. Beets are well known for helping with oxygen flow and improving lung capacity in some aerobic athletes!
This Cream of Beet Soup Recipe is:
- an easy plant-based meal.
- served either hot or cold.
- ready in less than 15 minutes.
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 can red beets - well drained
- 2 cups plant-based milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh chopped parsley
- In a medium sized pan, over medium-high heat, cook all of the ingredients except the parsley in a saucepan.
- Heat for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Either in a blender, or with an immersion blender, blend the soup until all of the beets are broken down and the soup is silky smooth.
- Top with fresh chopped parsley and serve hot, or refrigerate overnight to serve as a chilled soup the next day.