This grits with tomatoes & spinach is a great, easy recipe. I love instant grits that come in the single serve packets, because they make it so easy to put together a healthy and filling meal. This recipe is written for a single serving. Just up the ingredients for the number of people that you want to serve.
This Grits with Tomatoes & Spinach Recipe is:
- an easy vegan family meal.
- easily adaptable to more than one person.
- savory and filling.
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 package instant grits
- ½ cup plant-based milk or creamer
- 1 cup fresh chopped spinach
- 1 cup sliced tomatoes (I prefer Campari tomatoes.)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
- In a microwave safe bowl: cook the grits in the plant-based cream according to the directions on the package.
- In a small non-stick pan, over medium heat, cook the tomatoes and the garlic powder, stirring often for five minutes. After five minutes, turn off the heat, but leave the pan on the hot burner and add the spinach.
- Continue stirring until all of the spinach has withered.
- Pour the tomato and spinach combination over the grits and add salt and pepper to taste.