Cornichon pickles are my absolute favorite kind of pickles, and if you haven’t tried them before, you are in for a delicious surprise. They are very tart and crisp and pair wonderfully with the flavor of Campari tomatoes. In France, this recipe is traditionally done with tuna as well, but I have tried it out and it tastes just as wonderful all on its own. You can find cornichons either in the pickle aisle or in the foreign foods aisle in most stores. At higher-end stores that have an extensive olive bar, they can be found there as well.
This Rice & Cornichon Salad Recipe is:
- extremely easy to prepare.
- an easy plant-based meal.
- packed with flavor.
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 package microwaveable rice
- 2 to 3 Campari tomatoes - diced
- 10 to 15 cornichons - sliced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 handfuls fresh arugula
- salt & pepper to taste
- I just pour the rice straight into a mixing bowl without heating it, but if you find it just a bit undercooked this way, you can heat it according to the directions and then set it in the fridge for a bit to cool down before adding it to the salad.
- Except for the arugula, combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl, and mix well.
- Serve the salad on plates or in bowls with the arugula served beside it.