Nutella has been promoted as a smart addition to a healthy breakfast, but is it really? With a long list of processed ingredients, including sugar, oil and milk as the main ingredients, I think we should seek an alternative to feed kids. This vegan chocolate hazelnut spread is the perfect snack to have on toast or anything else. It will energize and satisfy your kids’ cravings without making them bounce off of the walls!
This Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Spread Recipe is:
- oil free, naturally sweetened and lower in sugar than Nutella
- satisfies a chocolate craving in a healthier way
- quick and easy to make in less than 15 minutes!
- kid-friendly and fun to eat
- a great plant-based snack idea
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 cup dry roasted unsalted hazelnuts (use blanched/skinless for best flavor and consistency)
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips, chunks or a chopped-up bar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- bread (for toast), or fruit (to dip)
- Place hazelnuts into a food processor, or high-speed blender, and process into a very smooth and runny hazelnut butter.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave (or on the stove top), add it to the food processor along with the vanilla extract and process briefly, just until everything is well combined together and smooth.
- Spread one to two tablespoons of the chocolate hazelnut spread onto each slice of toast or enjoy with anything else!