We all have those days that seem endless. You wake up, take the kids to school, go to work, take the kids to practice, etc. The last thing we want to do is go home to cook dinner. Luckily, this vegan Green Pea Wrap can be made in no time and is perfect for those never-ending days! The ingredients and process are pretty straightforward but feel free to add your own creative flares.
This Green Pea Wrap Recipe is:
- an easy plant-based meal.
- something you can make with your kids.
- full of options, so everyone is happy!
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic
- plant-based sandwich wraps
- vegetables & sides of choice
- To cook the green peas:
- In a medium sized pan, on the stove, put about six cups of water with one teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the peas.
- As soon as the water begins to bubble again, rinse the peas and drain them well with cold water. Set them, still in the colander, on a clean dry towel to rest for five minutes.
- In the food processor: add the peanut butter, lemon, salt, peeled clove of garlic, peas, and the other teaspoon of salt.
- Process the hummus well until it is smooth.
- Spread each wrap generously with a layer of the hummus and prepared vegetables.