In case you all haven’t noticed, we LOVE tacos here at LeanGreenDad but then again, WHO DOESN’T?! These vegan mushroom tacos are very tasty and deceivingly healthy! The kids will love them and so will you. Try these out at your next family taco night!
This Vegan Mushroom Tacos Recipe is:
- a great meal your kids will love
- is full of flavor and color
- very easy to make
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- Taco Filling:
- 3 cups sliced white mushrooms - well rinsed
- 1 tsp water
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp plant-based mayo
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- For the Tacos:
- corn tortillas
- plant-based shredded cheese
- fresh chopped cilantro
- fresh shredded cabbage
- red, yellow and orange bell peppers - sliced
- For the dressing: combine the lime juice, mayo, and cilantro, then set aside.
- In a medium-sized skillet, over medium heat, sauté the mushroom slices in the water, for ten minutes.
- Add all of the spices as the mushrooms cook, and stir them often.
- In a different pan, (or on a griddle) toast both side of each tortilla over medium heat for about three minutes per side, or until the tortilla has golden brown spots.
- Fill each tortilla with mushrooms and top with cheese, cilantro, cabbage, peppers, and creamy dressing.