Soup is awesome! Throw a bunch of stuff in a pot, wait some time, end up with a delicious masterpiece… what is there not to love?! This white bean and parsnip soup works! An aromatic mixture of flavors combines with a smooth, creamy texture, it’s to die for! We hope you love it as much as we do!
This White Bean Parsnip Soup Recipe is:
- an easy plant-based meal.
- a great way to introduce parsnips to a picky eater.
- a hearty and filling dish.
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 12-15 oz can white beans - well rinsed & drained
- 2 medium sized parsnips - peeled & sliced
- 5 cups plant-based milk
- 1 tsp coriander
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- After peeling and rinsing the parsnips, remove the tops and bottoms, then slice them into bite-sized pieces. Be cautious that they are a little more firm than carrots.
- In a medium sized saucepan, over medium-high heat, cook the beans, coriander, and the parsnips in your choice of plant based milk for 10-12 minutes.
- Make sure that the soup maintains a gentle boil while it is cooking.
- At ten minutes: test a parsnip by piercing it with a knife. If the knife goes in easily, you are ready to go. If the parsnip is resistant, the soup will need a little more time.
- When the parsnips are soft, salt and pepper the soup to taste and garnish with fresh parsley to serve.