MMM MMM! This Asian coleslaw with avocado has become our new favorite! It only contains a few ingredients and best of all, it is VERY simple to make. Sometimes life gets hard and the last thing on your mind is making food. Thanks to easy plant-based meals like this one, that doesn’t have to be a problem for you anymore. Worry no longer, here at LeanGreenDad, we are here to help you simplify you and your family’s life!
This Asian Coleslaw with Avocado Recipe is:
- a delicious plant-based meal
- very filling and satisfying
- perfect for those days when you want to make a simple yet tasty dish
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 2 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro - plus extra for garnish
- ½ cup thinly sliced bell peppers in red orange or yellow
- ½ cup crushed peanuts
- Avocado slices
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 tsp white wine or rice vinegar
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp water
- salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Slowly whisk first the agave, and then the other dressing ingredients, into the peanut butter before setting aside to make the salad.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients except the peanuts and avocado by tossing them gently with tongs, or by hand.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and continue tossing gently before topping the salad with crushed peanuts, sliced avocado, and more cilantro.