These “not so sloppy” rice sloppy joes are insanely delicious! They’re full of bold flavors and 100% vegan. It’s a super easy meal that can be prepared in a short amount of time. This recipe would be a great addition to your plant-based meal plan and will definitely become a family favorite. Can you say, guilt-free amazingness?!
This Rice Sloppy Joes Recipe is:
- a vegan family meal
- a recipe you and your family will love
- a tasty go-to meal when you’re in a time crunch
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 pkg hamburger buns
- 1 pkg microwaveable rice - wild rice blend
- 1 cup sloppy joe sauce
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- arugula - 1 small handful per sandwich
- plant based mayo - about 2 tsp per sandwich
- In a medium sized saucepan, combine the rice, sauce, and spices, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for five minutes.
- Toast the hamburger buns in the toaster or toaster oven until they are golden brown.
- Add the arugula and the mayo to the hamburger buns, then scoop spoonfuls of the Sloppy Joes mixture onto each bun.