We love taking classic recipes and making them our own! This tahini caramel apple recipe has become one of our favorites. It’s super easy to create, the kids will enjoy making them and they’ll enjoy eating them even more! It’s a great dessert option to add to a plant-based diet for kids. This definitely brings back the best childhood memories! We hope you all love it as much as we do.
This Tahini Caramel Apples Recipe is:
- a great snack/dessert for your plant-based family
- something you can make with your kids
- a better way to tame your sweet tooth
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 4 apples
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted (optional)
- Mix the tahini, maple syrup and optional melted coconut oil together until well combined and smooth.
- Wash and dry the apples, remove or trim off the stems and stick a wooden skewer into each apple through the top opening.
- Hold an apple by the stick, coat the apple evenly in the caramel sauce and then transfer it onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with rest of the apples, making sure to stir the sauce between coating.
- Enjoy the caramel apples as they are or place in the fridge for a few hours or overnight to allow time for the caramel to firm up more.