Warmer days are right around the corner. It’s the time to sit outside, soak up the rays and enjoy a nice, cool breeze. These zucchini tacos are PERFECT for when you want to enjoy something light and refreshing! This recipe is full of flavor and a perfect addition to your family’s plant-based meal plan!
This Zucchini Tacos Recipe is:
- a great meal for when you want something quick and light
- an excellent plant-based alternative
- an easy meal to make
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 pkg hard corn taco shells
- 1 to 2 zucchini - rinsed & sliced
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 pkg taco mix
- 1 pkg grape or cherry tomatoes - rinsed & halved
- 2 cups angel hair slaw
- ½ cup plant-based mayo
- Juice from ½ lime
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup red bell pepper - finely chopped
- 1 cup plant-based parmesan cheese
- Toast the taco shells under the broiler in the oven for 1-2 minutes, or just as they begin to brown. They are easy to burn, so keep a close eye on them. Remove, and set aside to cool.
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Slice the zucchini into slices and then cut the slices into rectangular strips. Strips from one half a zucchini will fill approximately 3 tacos.
- Lay the zucchini strips out on the foil, and sprinkle them generously with the taco mix.
- Roast the zucchini in the oven at 425 degrees for ten minutes.
- While the zucchini roasts, make the slaw:
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the lime juice, mayo, cilantro, salt and pepper and stir until well combined. Add in the slaw and the bell pepper and mix until well combined.
- When the zucchini strips have finished roasting, use a fork to transfer the strips into taco shells. Top with slaw, tomatoes, and cheese before serving.