Soup is by far one of my favorite comfort foods. All of the warm and aromatic flavors settle into your soul so perfectly! This vegan squash tortilla soup is everything you want in a soup, full of flavor, perfectly balanced, and light but hearty in its own way. It is an easy go-to meal, best of all, it can be made in large quantities and eaten whenever you crave it and TRUST US when we say, you WILL crave it!
This Vegan Tortilla Soup Recipe is:
- a flavorful and healthy plant-based meal
- extremely easy to make
- great as a leftover, as when it’s first made
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 pkg taco mix
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 2 ribs celery - rinsed and thinly sliced
- 2 cups diced canned tomatoes
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro - rinsed & chopped
- ½ cup plant-based parmesan cheese
- 2 to 3 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado - diced
- In a large saucepan, over medium-high heat, cook the carrots, celery, tomatoes, and taco mix for ten to fifteen minutes, or until the carrots and celery are soft.
- In the oven or toaster oven, toast the tortillas for 1-2 minutes, or until they are crispy. Cut the tortillas into quarters.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with avocado, tortilla chips, fresh cilantro, and cheese.