These hummus stuffed mini-peppers make an easy and delicious dish! It’s bright, fresh, and just the right touch of spice! The sweet chili sauce adds the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. It’s the perfect dish to bring your next gathering (very simple and tasty hors-d’oeuvres) or to make for your strong plant-based family!
This Hummus Stuffed Mini-Peppers Recipe is:
- a delicious vegan meal.
- very easy to prepare.
- less than 15 minutes to make.
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- mini bell peppers - as many as your crew can eat
- black bean hummus - 1 to 2 tsp per pepper
- plant-based cheddar cheese slices - about ⅕ slice per pepper
- sweet chili sauce - about 1 tsp per pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to Bake at 350°F.
- Rinse and dry each bell pepper.
- Cut the tops off of the peppers and scrape out any seeds with a knife.
- Carefully spoon as much hummus as you can into each pepper. It takes a little work and patience, but each pepper is hollow inside.
- Poke 2 thin strips of cheese into each pepper along with the hummus.
- Place the peppers on a cookie sheet. Bake the peppers for 10 minutes.
- Serve the peppers with sweet chili sauce and fresh chopped cilantro.