Finding a quick and healthy snack for your family can be stressful at times. Many products are full of so many unnecessary fillers that aren’t the best things for your family’s health. This roasted red pepper hummus is a simple and very tasty snack to make for your family! It’s packed with antioxidants and plant-based protein power. Your kids will love it and you will love how fast you can make it! Just make sure you make enough because it WILL be gone before you know it!
This Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Recipe is:
- made without oil, refined ingredients or preservatives
- kid-friendly and free of major allergens
- a healthy protein and nutrient-rich snack
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 (15oz) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp tahini
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse, dry, slice, remove the seeds and chop the red bell pepper into small chunks. Place the chopped bell pepper on a baking tray lined with a sheet of parchment paper. Bake in oven for 5 to 10 minutes. Then remove from oven and allow to cool down for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, garlic powder, cumin, coriander and salt to a food processor or blender.
- Then add the cooled down roasted red bell pepper chunks and process or blend everything together until smooth.