Miso soup is one of the best parts of going to hibachi-style restaurants. A nice warm soup that you just never seem to have enough of! Now you don’t have to worry about that because not only can you have MORE but you can have it in the comfort of your own home! This vegan miso soup is a great addition to your recipe plan. Feel free to add whatever you want and make it your own! (You can find miso at the Asian section of a supermarket, an Asian market, or just order it online!)
This Vegan Miso Soup Recipe is:
- a great option for when you want a soup
- very filling and satisfying
- a plant-based meal everyone will love
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 10 medium white mushrooms - stems removed, rinsed, & sliced
- 1 pkg rice vermicelli
- 5 mini bell peppers - rinsed & thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 scallions - rinsed & thinly sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, bring the vegetable broth to a boil, and then reduce the temperature to medium-low to keep the broth simmering. Add the mushrooms, bell peppers, and the miso, and continue to simmer the broth for ten minutes.
- Add the rice noodles to the soup one to two minutes before removing the soup from the heat.
- Salt and pepper the soup to taste, and sprinkle cilantro and scallions on top to serve.