We all have those days when we want to introduce a new dish to our family but don’t want to spend hours prepping and making the dish. These sausage lettuce wraps are a wonderfully flavorful and healthy twist on an egg roll they are super simple to make! They only require a few ingredients and the end result is PHENOMENAL (if we do say so ourselves). This will probably be another household favorite. It’s the perfect quick midweek recipe to add to your plant-based family’s meal plan!
This Sausage Lettuce Wraps Recipe is:
- an excellent vegan meal option
- very nutritious and filling
- extremely simple to make
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 10 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 - 14oz package plant-based sausage
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- salt & pepper to taste
- sriracha or soy sauce (optional)
- In a medium-sized skillet, over medium heat, brown the sausage and onion for three minutes.
- Add the carrots and cabbage and continue cooking for seven more minutes, or until the cabbage and carrots are tender.
- Salt and pepper the sausage mixture, to taste, before spooning into lettuce leaves to serve.
- Top with sliced scallions and serve with Sriracha, or soy sauce for dipping.