Remember that one soupy fruit salad thing that you always dodged at all of the get-togethers as a kid? Well, that’s a failed attempt at making ambrosia. Thick, clunky, and not appealing… AT ALL. This vegan ambrosia recipe is DELICIOUS. I was very hesitant at first due to childhood flashbacks (LOL) but this is what it’s supposed to taste like; super light, refreshing, and the perfect balance of sweetness coming from the fruits! Try out the recipe as is or add your favorite fruit combinations. Go ahead, take it to the next cookout and show everyone how it’s done!
This Vegan Ambrosia Fruit Salad Recipe is:
- an excellent snack or dessert
- very easy and quick to make
- a great plant-based alternative
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 cup fresh mandarin orange slices
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries or cherries
- 1 cup vegan whip cream, coco whip or unsweetened coconut cream from can
- ¼ cup vegan plain yogurt, sweetened or unsweetened coconut milk yogurt or another variety
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Place the fruit into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the whip cream and yogurt, and mix everything together until combined.
- Top with shredded coconut and chopped pecans. Enjoy!