This Ultimate Breakfast Bread is nothing short of amazing. It’s a perfect quick breakfast option, packed with nutrients and tasty flavors. It takes the thinking out of hectic mornings, all you have to do is cut off a few slices and send everyone on their merry way! It’s a great way to get your picky little ones to get some necessary nutrients without them knowing and enjoying every bite of it! Add this to your family’s plant-based meal plan!
This Ultimate Breakfast Bread Recipe is:
- a great plant-based meal
- worth the time to make it
- packed with nutrients and vitamins
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 20 oz package homemade bread mix (I used Bob’s Red Mill GF Bread Mix)
- 4 tbsp flax seeds
- 4 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup agave syrup
- 2 tbsp olive oil + extra to grease the baking pan
- 1 ripe banana - peeled & mashed
- 1 apple - peeled & diced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 pinch salt
- Heat the almond milk in a saucepan, (or in the microwave) until it is just warm - not hot - and add the yeast packet to the warm almond milk. Allow it to set for at least five minutes.
- Grind the flax seeds into a coarse powder in the blender or (a food processor). Add that powder to the milk & yeast mixture, stir well, and allow it to rest for another ten minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the banana with a fork, then add the apple, cranberries, raisins, olive oil, peanut butter, salt, agave, and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and the almond milk mixture to the fruit mixture and stir until everything is well combined.
- Use a little olive oil to grease an 8 x 8 baking pan and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Smooth the batter into the greased pan and, cover it with plastic wrap before leaving it in a warm place to rise for 30-50 minutes.
- When the bread has risen, remove the plastic wrap and bake it for 30-40 minutes. Test with a toothpick after 30 min to see if it is done.