Protein is something that can be difficult to obtain for people when they first transition into a plant-based diet. Quinoa is a great high protein option for those who are looking for a wholesome source of plant-based protein. This quinoa bean salad is incredibly tasty and very simple to put together! Loaded with nutrients and quality protein, this is an amazing choice to fuel your plant-based family’s journey!
This Quinoa bean Salad Recipe is:
- a great vegan option
- packed with quality plant-based protein
- an excellent side or main dish
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 cup quinoa - cooked & cooled
- 1 can black beans - rinsed & drained
- 1 can garbanzo beans - rinsed & drained
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 fresh tomato - diced
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper
- The quinoa can be cooked the day before and cooled overnight in the fridge for fast assembly.
- Cook the quinoa according to the directions on the package. This usually takes about 30 minutes and the quinoa should cool in the fridge for at least two hours before assembling the rest of your salad.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and allow to rest for thirty minutes before serving, stirring occasionally, to really combine the lemon juice and vinegar.