Parsnips are one of the best vegetables due to their versatility and ability to pair well with several different flavor palettes. These roasted parsnips are a great option to add to your plant-based family’s meal plan. They’re super simple to make and pair well with almost anything. You can stick to this recipe or add your own signature flavors!
This Roasted Parsnips Recipe is:
- a great plant-based dish
- packed with flavor
- a great option for your little ones
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 lb fresh parsnips - well rinsed & peeled
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Carefully slice the parsnips into ½ inch rounds. (Raw parsnips can be very firm, and the shape of the vegetable makes it one of the more difficult ones to slice, so this is definitely a job for an adult. Let the kiddos do the peeling!)
- Lay the parsnip rounds out in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle all of the spices over the parsnips before drizzling the water evenly over the pan.
- Bake the parsnips for 10 minutes, before removing them from the oven to turn them over, and then place the sheet back in the oven to roast the parsnips on the other side for another ten minutes.
- After the parsnips have baked, remove the sheet from the oven and let it cool for five minutes.
- Transfer the parsnips to a serving dish and toss them well with the fresh parsley to create this beautifully fresh dish.