This vegan pumpkin rice pudding is the perfect dessert; sweet, decadent, with a bit of savory. What more could you ask for?! The pumpkin adds the perfect note and brings this classic dish to life! Even though rice pudding is usually considered to be a dessert, this rendition is a great breakfast option as well. Best of all, it can be made in a short amount of time!
This Vegan Pumpkin Rice Pudding Recipe is:
- a great plant-based breakfast or dessert
- amazing and easy to make
- packed with nutrients and vitamins
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 - 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch salt
- The easiest way to cook your cup of white rice is in a rice cooker. I just set my rice to cook and then gather my other ingredients so that I am all set to go when my rice is done.
- In a medium sized saucepan - over medium heat - simmer the coconut milk, vanilla, sugar, salt and spices for fifteen minutes.
- Add the pumpkin puree and the rice and continue cooking the mixture for another five to ten minutes - stirring often - until all of the ingredients are well combined and the pudding has thickened.
- Serve hot with a sprinkle of cinnamon for dessert or as a warm breakfast.