Put a twist on the fan-favorite classic comfort dish! This vegan pumpkin chili is amazing and full of so many bold flavors. The addition of pumpkin to this traditional dish adds so much depth and character. It’s simple to make and it’s the perfect dish to make in bulk! This makes it the perfect dish to add to your plant-based family’s meal plan!
This Vegan Pumpkin Chili Recipe is:
- an excellent vegan option
- a great comfort food
- perfect when you want something hearty, but nutritious
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 medium white onion - peeled & diced
- 3 cloves garlic - peeled & minced
- 3 celery ribs - cleaned & diced
- 2 cups matchstick carrots
- 1 - 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 - 15 oz can kidney beans - rinsed & drained
- 1 - 15 oz can red beans - rinsed & drained
- 1 - 15 oz can black beans - rinsed & drained
- 1 - 29 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 - 4 oz can green chilies
- 2 tbsp water
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- In a large saucepan sauté the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery in a couple of tablespoons of water - over medium heat - for five minutes - stirring often.
- Add the tomato sauce, pumpkin, beans, and chilies and stir well.
- Add the four cups of water to the chili and stir well, then add the spices and stir them in before reducing the heat to low.
- Cover the chili and allow it to simmer - covered - for 30 minutes.
- Serve piping hot & enjoy!