Getting invited to a cookout is great but what do you do when you forgot to make a dish and its almost time to go? These cucumber salad bites are the perfect little lifesavers! You can make them in under 15 minutes with items that most of us have in our fridge/pantry! They are nutritious and have tons of flavors! You’ll be able to make a lasting impression at your event without all the stress of cooking a huge dish. They’re also great snack options to add to your plant-based meal plans!
This Cucumber Salad Bites Recipe is:
- a great vegan option
- easy to modify for larger batches
- a crunchy and flavorful dish
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- one cucumber
- juice from ½ a fresh lemon
- 1 - 15oz can garbanzo beans - rinsed & drained
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ medium red onion - minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley - finely chopped
- 1 3 - 4oz jar pimentos - well drained
- In a food processor - pulse the drained beans and the parsley with the salt, pepper, and paprika, several times until the beans are coarsely ground and the mixture is well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and add the red onion, lemon juice, and pimento - mix well.
- Scrub the cucumber well and rinse it before drying it. With a vegetable peeler, peel stripes down the length of the cucumber all of the way around. Then slice off the ends and cut the cucumber into ¼ inch slices.
- Sandwich about one tbsp of the salad mixture inside two slices of cucumber to create each cucumber bite.