Ahhh comfort foods…They’re the perfect remedy for those harder days. They seem to make all of the problems of the day disappear with every bite. This carrot & sweet potato macaroni is a great plant-based alternative to a crowd favorite dish. It’s super creamy, full of flavor, and will definitely be a hit with your family! This would be a perfect dish to implement to your plant-based meal plan!
This Carrot & Sweet Potato Macaroni Recipe is:
- a great plant-based meal
- very satisfying and filling
- loaded with flavors and quality nutrients
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 package elbow macaroni - prepared according to directions
- 1 sweet potato
- 3 carrots
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp curry powder
- salt to taste
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Peel the carrots and remove the ends.
- Rinse the sweet potato well, and add the vegetables to a large pot of boiling water. (The sweet potato will be easier to peel after it has boiled.)
- Boil the vegetables over medium-high heat, uncovered, for thirty minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the water and place them all on a clean dry kitchen towel to cool for fifteen minutes.
- After fifteen minutes, peel the sweet potato and chop the potato and carrots into medium sized pieces.
- Add the vegetables to a medium sized saucepan.
- Add the almond milk and heat on medium-low, stirring often, for fifteen minutes.
- Add the spices and gently smash the vegetables with a potato masher or a fork.
- Add the sauce to the cooked pasta, and mix well.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.