Gazpacho is a traditional Spanish dish that defies everything we’ve ever learned about soup our entire lives. Why? Because it’s cold soup! Don’t let this throw you off though because it is delicious and perfect for those warmer days! The watermelon adds the perfect sweetness to complement the spice of the jalapenos! Try it out, if you’re anything like me… It’ll become one of your favorite soups!
This Spicy Watermelon Gazpacho Recipe is:
- an extraordinary vegan soup
- loaded with unique flavors
- a great dish to add to your plant-based meal plan
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 3 cups fresh watermelon - cubed
- 1 small jalapeño - sliced
- 1 cup fresh cucumber - sliced
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup tomato - sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup red onion - sliced
- 1 clove garlic - sliced
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a large blender, blend all of the ingredients together, aside from the cilantro, until the mixture is smooth.
- Move the soup to the freezer to chill for at least ten minutes before serving with fresh cilantro.