It is time for another delicious LeanGreenDad taco variation, this time, we’re bringing you a deconstructed taco.. aka the taco bowl! These taco lunch bowls are super tasty and loaded with bold flavors. Best of all, you get ALL of the taco with NONE of the cleanup! Feel free to add your favorite toppings and customize it to you and your family’s preference!
These Taco Lunch Bowls are:
- a great vegan meal
- extremely easy and quick to make
- loaded with flavors and quality nutrients
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 – 8 oz package of microwave or boil-in-the-bag rice!
- 1 – 12 oz package frozen Gardein beef crumbles (skip if on a whole food, plant-based diet)
- 1 – 15 oz can black beans - rinsed & drained
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup salsa or tomato
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 cup plant-based cheese shreds (skip if on whole food, plant-based diet)
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook the rice, beef crumbles, black beans, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and salt for ten minutes, stirring often.
- Divide the beans and rice into four bowls and top with the salsa, fresh chopped cilantro, and the cheese shreds.