These savory waffles are the twist you never knew you needed. They have so many different flavors and seasonings come together in perfect harmony to make your taste buds dance with joy! Finally…a socially acceptable form of dinnertime waffle consumption!
This Savory Garden Waffles Recipe is:
- a great vegan meal
- amazing and easy to make
- extremely filling and satisfying
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1½ cup pancake mix
- ¼ cup finely ground flax seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup fresh zucchini - diced
- ¼ cup fresh yellow squash - diced
- ¼ cup fresh tomato - diced
- ¼ cup fresh onion - diced
- non-stick spray
- fresh arugula
- fresh sliced scallions
- plant based buttery spread
- Combine the pancake mix, water, flax seeds, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a medium sized bowl.
- Then allow it to rest for five minutes before adding the vegetables.
- Gently fold the vegetables into the waffle dough mixture.
- Set the waffle iron to medium-high heat and coat the waffle iron with nonstick spray before cooking each waffle for 3-5 minutes until they are all golden brown.
- Serve the waffles warm over a bed of arugula, and top them with plant-based butter and fresh sliced scallions.