This spicy coconut soup is super simple to make, loaded with savory flavors, and has a delicious spice balance! The best part about it is that you can have it in under 15 minutes. It’s a perfect option for a family with a busy schedule that wants a tasty meal without spending hours in the kitchen. This is a great dish to add to your plant-based meal plan!
This Spicy Coconut Soup Recipe is:
- an extraordinary vegan soup
- loaded with unique flavors
- a great dish to add to your plant-based meal plan
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup extra firm tofu - cubed
- 1 cup mushrooms - sliced
- 1 cup water chestnuts - finely sliced
- ¼ cup scallions - sliced
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar or lime juice
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In 2 tablespoons of the vegetable broth, cook the mushrooms and the tofu over medium heat, for five minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the scallions, and allow the mixture to continue cooking, over medium heat, for ten more minutes.
- Serve the soup piping hot topped with the fresh sliced scallions.