Finally… A recipe for the grown-ups (but also easily adaptable for the kids). This peach rum cake is incredibly tasty and not overwhelming. This is the perfect dessert to make for your guests at your next dinner party. If you do want to make some for the little ones, remove the rum and add an agave drizzle on top!
This Peach Rum Cake Recipe is:
- a great vegan option
- adaptable for the kiddos
- an excellent option as a plant-based dessert
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 can peaches in juice
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup spiced rum (optional of course...if you don't want it or are making for kids, just take it out)
- *agave syrup or 1 additional cup rum to serve
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients (including the juices that are canned with the peaches), and mix well. Allow to rest for ten minutes.
- Lightly grease an 8 x 8 baking dish with olive oil and spread the batter evenly. Place the dish in a preheated 350° oven and bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown.
- To serve your cake with rum: place the cake on a larger cake plate and pour the rum onto the bottom. Place the cake, whole or in pieces, on the plate and allow the rum to soak in for about ten minutes before serving.
- To serve with agave syrup: simply drizzle the agave over the surface of each piece of cake, (or you can use both).