The moment we’ve all been waiting for…Plant-based meets healthy indulgence! This coconut beet gelato is so creamy and tasty, you’ll be surprised to know it’s actually good for you! It’s super easy to make and your family will love it.
This Coconut Beet Gelato Recipe is:
- a great vegan snack/dessert
- extremely easy to make
- surprising twist on a healthy, delicious treat
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 14 oz coconut milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 oz canned beets
- ½ cup shredded coconut - plus more for serving
- In a blender, blend the sugar, beets, and coconut milk until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a glass bowl and stir the coconut flakes into the mixture.
- Cover the bowl, and place the mixture in the freezer.
- It will take about five hours for the gelato to freeze.
- Approximately every half hour, check on the gelato. Scrape down the frozen gelato on the sides of the bowl and mix it in with the less frozen gelato in the center of the bowl.
- After five hours stir the mixture well and serve topped with coconut flakes.