Grilling is fun! You get to spend time with your favorite people and eat food that tastes amazing. Sometimes it can be a lot of work to go through the process of setting up and breaking down the grill. The beauty of this grilled parmesan zucchini is that it can be cooked outside on a gas grill, an indoor grill, a griddle, or even a sandwich press! It makes for a tasty side dish/appetizer and your family will love it!
This Grilled Parmesan Zucchini Recipe is:
- a great vegan option
- easy to modify for larger batches
- a crunchy and flavorful dish
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 2 pounds fresh zucchini
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup plant-based parmesan cheese
- After rinsing and drying the zucchini, remove the ends, then slice it into ¼ inch thick strips. If the strips are thinner than this, they may fall apart on the grill.
- Salt and pepper the zucchini strips on each side and them place them on the grill. If you are using an electrical grilling appliance, the heat setting should be medium-high.
- Grill the strips for about five minutes on each side, or until the zucchini softens.
- Remove the zucchini from the grill and top immediately with red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese.