These energy bites are a joy to eat, giving you the sensation of eating a candy bar, but with more nutritious ingredients that your kids will love! Each energy bite features natural sweetness from the dates and cocoa! The best part is that they can be made in as little as five minutes and make for a perfect midday snack or post-dinner dessert!
This Vegan Chocolate Almond Coconut Ball Recipe is:
- a quick vegan snack
- a perfect healthy treat
- a great plant-based alternative to sugar-filled candy
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 4 medjool dates, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon unsalted almonds, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place dates, salt and cocoa powder into food processor and process until forms a smooth paste.
- Add the coconut and almonds and briefly pulse a few times just to mix them into the paste.
- Use your hands to grab and roll portions of the mixture into small balls and optionally roll the balls in extra chopped almonds and shredded coconut to coat them.