These chocolate chip chickpea bars are an out-of-the-box alternative to traditional snack bars or blondies/brownies. With a base of protein-packed chickpeas and other natural ingredients, these bars are also super yummy and are a great plant-based snack or dessert! They are super easy to make and if your family is anything like ours, it will be a HIT! This is a great option to add to your plant-based family’s weekly easy to make!
This Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies Recipe is:
- a great vegan snack or dessert
- a healthy treat
- a great plant-based alternative
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 - 15 oz can chickpeas
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup quick cooking oats
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to Bake at 350° F.
- Line a small baking pan with parchment paper.
- Open the can of chickpeas, pour out the liquid into a container and place the chickpeas into a food processor (or blender).
- Add ¼ cup of the liquid drained from the chickpea can into the food processor (save the rest of the liquid for use in another recipe).
- Add the almond butter, oats, coconut sugar, and salt in the food processor and power on to blend until everything is well combined and smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse just once or twice to mix them in.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan and place in oven to bake for 30 minutes.