This vegan quesadilla recipe is a kid favorite! Pinto beans might not be the first bean you think of when you are in the bean section, but they rock! With this one recipe, your kids will receive a ton of healthy fiber, a flood of nutrients and of course all the protein they need. Just one cup of beans provide approximately 15 grams of lean protein. Using this recipe as a base, you can top them with whatever you’d like! The possibilities are endless and the preparation for your plant-based family is quick and easy!
This Vegan Quesadilla Recipe is:
- a simple vegan meal on a busy night
- easy to make in 15 min or less
- loaded with plant-based protein and fiber
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 - 15 oz. can of vegan refried beans of your choice
- 4 flour or corn tortillas
- 1 fresh tomato, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup Daiya cheddar vegan cheese shreds
- Remove tortillas from wrapper and place to the side.
- Open your refried beans and paint a generous portion onto the tortilla.
- Cover the refried beans with a layer of the Daiya cheddar cheese.
- Set your skillet to medium and place your tortilla on the skillet to warm.
- Place your second tortilla on top of the existing tortilla on the skillet.
- After 2 minutes, give it a flip.
- Wait 3 more minutes and look inside to make sure the Daiya cheese has melted.
- Remove from skillet, cut, and sprinkle on your diced red onion, avocado and diced tomato.