It’s always a battle to find a dessert that is healthy without sacrificing that taste we all know and love. This mandarin coconut ice cream hits ALL of the spots and has everything we look for in ice cream. The coconut flavor adds the creaminess, with a subtle, yet satisfying, sweetness and a slight “tang” coming from the mandarin oranges, tying it all together! This is definitely a favorite for us, try it out for yourself and feel free to add whatever you and your family like to add that personal flair!
This Mandarin Coconut Ice Cream Recipe is:
- a plant-based family favorite
- easy to modify to your liking
- very creamy and flavorful
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup Mandarin oranges - well drained
- 1 tbsp fresh sliced mint
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients and cover well before placing in the freezer.
- Every hour for four hours, check the ice cream and scrape down the frozen sides of the bowl to incorporate the frozen portion with the still melted ice cream in the center of the bowl.
- Serve with an extra sprinkle of mint or a cookie or two.