Ahhh…Biscuits and gravy. Definitely one of my favorite dishes growing up. Warm, fluffy biscuits smothered with a layer of creamy white gravy, YUM! Breakfast comfort food at it’s finest. We figured out how to make it vegan and it is just as good (or even better because it’s guilt-free!). It’s super easy to make and your little ones will love it! This dish is extremely flavorful, you can’t go wrong!
This Vegan Biscuits & Gravy Recipe is:
- a great plant-based meal
- prepared in a short amount of time
- a perfect comfort meal for the family
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- 1 14 oz package plant-based sausage
- 2 tbsp plant-based buttery spread
- 1 pkg refrigerator biscuits
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- fresh sliced scallions to serve
- Bake the biscuits according to the directions on the package.
- In a large saucepan cook the butter substitute and the flour for five minutes over medium heat stirring often.
- Add the sausage, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and continue cooking until the sausage has lightly browned and is broken up into small pieces.
- Pour the plant-based milk into the mixture and continue stirring until the milk begins to bubble and starts to thicken.
- Cook for one or two more minutes until the gravy is thick before removing from the heat.
- When the biscuits are cooked, break them in half, and spoon the sausage and gravy over the biscuits. Sprinkle with fresh sliced scallions and serve warm.