This post is a sponsored post from my friends at Shuman Farms. I am happy to say that my opinion on their incredibly tasty onions is my own.
This Real Sweet onion barbeque burger will change your mind about needing any meat at all in your burgers. Could you eat it as is? Absolutely, but we like to add a meatless option to our sweet onion barbeque. The Beyond Burger goes well with this recipe. However, with this amazing veggie burger, the stars of the sandwich are definitely the veggies. The perfectly sweet onions from Shuman Farms help to really marry the flavors of sweet and BBQ together.
These burgers are absolutely delicious and fun to put together. Grab the kids and have them help to stack up to the veggies. They are:
- A great addition to your family cookout.
- Quick to prep! Only ten minutes in total!
- Are the perfect sandwich for your vegetarian friends, with or without the meat substitute.
About Shuman Farms:
Shuman Farms is the leading grower of Vidalia sweet onions. They have 2,000+ acres of Vidalia onions between April and August every single year and have been proving top quality onions for over 30 years.
Founded by John Shuman in 2002, Produce For Kids, Shuman’s marketing partners, help to run digital and in-store campaigns to inspire families to eat more produce while raising money for charitable causes. Since their inception, they have raised over 6.7 million to benefit children and families in the US and Canada.
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1 cup baby butter lettuce
- 4 tbsp. BBQ sauce
- ½ cup pickles
- 1 Shuman Farms “Real Sweet” white onion - peeled & sliced
- 4 Campari tomatoes - rinsed & sliced
- Over medium-high heat, in a non-stick pan, cook the onions until they begin to brown, stirring often. This will take about ten minutes.
- Remove the onions from the heat. Add the BBQ sauce to the onions and combine until all of the onions are coated in the sauce.
- Toast the hamburger buns in the toaster. Stack the BBQ onions, lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles on the buns to complete your burgers.
Latest posts by Cory Warren (see all)
- From Triathlons To Standing Desk, Eight Hour Workdays - November 14, 2019
- Sweet Onion Barbecue Sandwich - May 23, 2019
- Welcome Back To Lean Green DAD! - May 19, 2019