These chocolate waffles with peppermint glaze are a rich and delicious blend of holiday flavors to please every sweet tooth in your house.
This Chocolate Waffles with Peppermint Glaze Recipe is:
- a simple vegan breakfast/dessert option
- easy to customize to your liking
- an excellent and surprisingly good plant-based meal
And if peppermint is your thing, you have to check out these amazing peppermint cookies.
Looking for an easy way to help your plant-based family eat more easy vegan meals like this? Try our meal planning app “Prepear” FREE for 30-days and customize your family’s plant-based meal plans each week from our easy-to-use, family-friendly mobile app! You can add as many Lean Green DAD easy plant-based meals as you wish or you can sign up for a monthly paid membership to receive full access to a customized meal plan from Cory to stay as healthy as possible on your family’s journey! Sign up for free by clicking HERE!
- ½ cup pancake mix
- 1 tbsp finely ground flax seed
- 1 cup plant-based milk + 1-2 tbsp
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup crushed candy canes
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- In a large bowl, add the one cup of milk and the flax and allow them to rest for two minutes.
- Add the pancake mix, coconut oil, and cocoa powder, and combine well.
- Cook the waffles in the waffle iron for two to four minutes each.
- To make the glaze combine the powdered sugar, peppermint extract, and plant-based milk until it has a smooth and even consistency.
- Start with one tablespoon of milk and then add as needed to thin the glaze.
- Drizzle the glaze over the waffles and serve warm.