How do you make french fries in an air fryer? It’s easier than you think! With just a few simple ingredients that you probably have in your pantry right now, you can make tasty, air fried potatoes that will compliment any burger or hot dog for your cookout! This french fries air fryer recipe is super easy and only takes 20 minutes for them to cook!
Fast food fries just aren’t for me. There’s just something about that community oil vat that’s upsetting. These homemade french fries are super tasty, I promise. Essentially, you are eating little baked potato slices, so no guilt and definitely no achy stomach afterwards.
The Benefits of Using An Air Fryer To Cook Your French Fries
I enjoy finding healthier versions of things that I like. I like to find them, make them and then eat a LOT of them. Potatoes are really really wonderful for you. In fact, when you ditch dipping them in a huge vat of oil, they become even better for you.
For me, I had always wanted to try an air fryer but just didn’t know how to use one. So I gave it a shot. The french fries air fryer recipe turned out crispy and just the way you would want it. So go give it a shot. Enjoy it. And tell me how it is over in the Lean Green Team private Facebook group with parents just like you and me.
If you’re looking for a tasty treat to go along with your fries, look no further. The Beyond Burger tastes pretty darn great. We even wrote about it. Give it a read if interested by clicking on the word “beyond burger” above.
- 1 Air Fryer (any brand will do, but we like this one)
- 3 russet potatoes
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder (optional)
- 1 tsp. paprika (optional)
- Wash your russet potatoes. You will ned 3 medium-sized potatoes for one batch of fries (feeds 3-4).
- Cut the potatoes in half and then into smaller, fry-sized slivers. The thinner you can get them and still have them look like fries, the better they will cook.
- Toss your cut fries into a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle on the soy sauce, flour, onion and garlic powder.
- For optional flavor, mix in chili powder and paprika.
- Toss all ingredients together with your fries.
- Place them in your air fryer and cook for 20 minutes at around 400 degrees.
- Enjoy with your favorite condiments!